Monday, October 19, 2009

Successful Sale {Blog Carnival!}

Thanks to Indulgeyourshelf for hosting this weeks Blog Carnival for the Etsy Bloggers Street Team! Q: What was your most successful sales event or product, and why do you think it was?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd have to narrow that question down to two equally challenging, profitable and fun custom pieces. The first would have to be the Cross pendant necklace I custom made for my cousin Chris. He runs a Metalsmithing business in San Antonio, TX and wanted me to make him a custom pendant that matched his company logo. After design collaboration, we ended up with this idea and I hand cut, soldered and forged every detail.


Made form Argentium Sterling silver sheet, pendant measures 2" long on Sterling silver oxidized chain 18"
----------------------
My other successor would have to be the custom arm band I handmade for a customer in Spain. She asked me to make her a large {3" x 8.5"} arm cuff she could wear on her upper arm. She wanted the three rows of studs added for design flair and for it to be adjustable. This cuff was among the largest pieces I have ever had to solder and forge. It was a challenging piece, but I was very happy with the outcome and so was my customer...


Sterling Silver sheet with Sterling studs. One monster of an arm cuff!

I'd definitely say that these two pieces were the most successful due to the time, skill and money put into them. They are the most expensive pieces I have made and the most cherished. I hope the customers who have them know that I worked especially hard to ensure they were just as please with the design and outcome as I was. They helped me build my skills as a craftswoman and I hope for more challenging pieces in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment